Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Unit 6 from D.C.

This posting is short and sweet as I'm out of town and haven't been able to complete the router assignments due to being away from my home router. However, I've been doing my homework in between sessions here at ALA.

The html & css tutorials were very helpful, and although I’ve worked minimally with actually writing html, I’m used to looking at the screens and the language via Dreamweaver and our library's CMS which is powered by Joomla. CSS however had always been a mystery to me, so I’m really excited to have learned how to set a background color or font for every webpage that I may create.

I’m looking forward to learning more about scripts, as scripts seem to be key to interoperability between systems, although as of yet I’m not sure to what extent this is true; I know that scripts control the different softwares being used.

No comments:

Post a Comment