Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Unit 3: class pace

I believe that the pace of the technology assignments is perfect. I feel as though I’m able to closely follow the instructions without too many setbacks. I also feel that the technical rigor of this summer’s course really helped hone some of my troubleshooting skills. I’m trying to keep up with reading the discussions as the course progresses, whereas last semester I had to take a few days to play catch-up and read all of the past discussions. This semester feels much more on track so far.

I’m also enjoying the management readings, podcast and discussions. I didn’t notice a quiz tab yet so I’m guessing that there will be no quizzes this time around. I think that I will miss that component of the course, as the quizzes were really good exercises in learning the more technical details of the class.

Another interesting observation is the cohesiveness of the students in the discussions. Most of us have been through at least two semesters together, and this is very different from my college experience, even as a graduate student (most of my graduate coursework was completed overseas at Oxford Brookes).

Overall I’m really enjoying this class so far, and particularly the emphasis on taxonomies. I want to learn as much as I can about this subject, and find it fascinating especially when compared and contrasted to folksonomies.

No comments:

Post a Comment