Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

Unit 4: more fun w/ Drupal

I think that Drupal is going to work very well for my collection of objects focused on the Sutro District. As professor Fulton mentioned in one of postings this week, Drupal is very forgiving. Since I want to develop a taxonomy using more than one resource (LOC, AAT, etc), Drupal seems to be the way to go.

My collection is in some ways an homage to the Sutro district, and several of the items are art objects inspired by the district. Thus a varied taxonomy feels like the correct choice, however we shall see just how complicated this may become.

My drupal address is http://192.168.1.99/drupal/. I had some difficulty getting to this page through either of my browsers today, but then I realized it was probably because I was logged in to the VNC for UC Merced. I thought it curious that I couldn’t log in with user2 (?), but the authuser name & pw worked. However I didn’t have administrative privileges (arrh!). So I went back through the drupal install doc and realized that I needed to login in as admin – voila! This turned out to be the very least of my problems as I worked my way through modifying the file upload parameters, and eventually created my vocabularies (that part was fun!).

No comments:

Post a Comment