Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

more Ubuntu

Delving further into the New to Ubuntu thread, I have to admit that I found the Psychocats Ubuntu guide very helpful even though it is targeted towards Windows users (I’m a mac user, but I started with pc and still utilize one at work whenever I’m using publisher or have issues with mac “unfriendly” programs). This link also includes an overview of the community surrounding open source and information-sharing through the all-volunteer forums. I especially like the page on how to install popular proprietary software, as this seems like one of the first issues I will encounter even if the Ubuntu install goes smoothly. This operating system based on the Linux kernal is starting to make sense! Now I’m looking forward to unit 2 and the actual download…

No comments:

Post a Comment