Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Playing in the sandbox cont...

I had better luck going through the tutorials with two screens, one on my laptop and then accessing the sandbox through my mini. I really should print these tutorials out! But I’m writing everything out in my little definition journal – so archaic I realize, but I still like writing lest I forget. I was successful at utilizing the mkdir command to create a directory titled Mary – now I should put something in it☺. I also had the opportunity to look through an extensive binary file – whew. TG for the q command.

I’m enjoying the semantics of this new language; symbolic links sound interesting – files that point to other files. I also had the opportunity to use the * wildcard to find all text files in a directory. I wish I could have been more successful in the later tutorials, particularly pipes (took me a while to find the vertical line character via the help of fellow Digin student Emily) but I will keep trying…

No comments:

Post a Comment